Friday, February 3, 2012

How should I style curly hair for prom if I want to wear it down?

I have naturally very curly hair, its very thick and long, a little past my chest,it is managable though. So for prom I really want to wear it down and i'm not sure how to style it. It would be impossible to have a stylist complety curl my hair but I don't know how it would stay looking nice (nice for prom, because im going to be around people with updo and such) and not just like a normal day ... what should i do?

and also my dress is simple so I was thinking of doing some hair peice, maybe something with feathers but classy.. ? not sure?

anyone have any advice?How should I style curly hair for prom if I want to wear it down?
Braids are very popular right now. Try to loosen your curls into a more wavy look. If your hair is naturally curly, I imagine you don't have to worry about losing any curls or waves like us straight haired people do. Add in a few braids with a boho vibe for something that isn't complicated, but isn't common place either. You'll look unique and won't be worried about all the bobby pins involved in up-do's. BTW, Seventeen magazine just released an issue all about hair, LC is on the cover I think.How should I style curly hair for prom if I want to wear it down?
I think you should do a low side bun and but a flower. make sure do leave some small hairs loose on the other side of the bun to have a soft look ( but only if they are short enough). I think it'd look cute if ur hair is curly. ;) but you want it down so imt hink you can just leave it down and add a flower somewhere on a side of ur hair. but its look better if u have a side part
Half up half down tied in the back with a sparkly very unique hair clip. itll look great!



http://sale.ebuyable.com/shop/shop.asp?i



enjoy prom!
Does your prom have a theme? (My brother's did, that's why I'm asking)

If so, you could choose a hairpiece that goes along with the theme.

Ex. Beach/Luau- a small flower

20's- A hairband that resembles one a flapper would wear

Either way, a classy headband or simple, small, decorative clip/bobby pin would look great!

Considering your hair is already curly and long, I think just wearing it down with a hairpiece would look elegant. Remeber, you want to look like yourself; a lot of pictures will be taken!



Good luck! I'm sure you'll look great no matter what!
you should straighten it out and puff your bangs back.

but since your hair is curly it will take a while to straighten but it will be worth it. jus use a good straightening iron like infra shine its expensive but it works super good.
While visiting a stylist for the actual styling may not be on your list, you might be able to find one to talk to and ask advice of. Any truly professional hairdresser will (more than likely) be willing to help you and answer questions you might have about your upcoming prom.



If you don't want to go that route, either, never underestimate a simple-but-stylish ponytail; I have seen them used effectively at formal proms, and you could use a stylized pull-back for that, as you seem like you may be inclined to do. A ceramic hair straightener set on a fairly low heat may also be used to reduce the curl a tad, and you can do this for all your hair, leave the tail portion in your full natural curl, or not straighten it at all.
You could do a curled side ponytail with random braids going into the ponytail it would look very cute and you can make it look dressy. http://www.cupcakestastenice.com/wp-cont

and if you want to put a hair accessory that will probably work with this style.http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?cat

No comments:

Post a Comment