Sunday, February 5, 2012

How to style Curly Hair!!?!?!?

My hair is medium texture, to the middle of my back and curly. But my hair is so weird. The top layer is medium-curly and the underneath is spiral curls. Also, my hair is straight at the top and doesn't start to curl until around my ears. Idk why my hairs this way, but its natural. And all I can do with it i feel like is to put it in a pony tail :( :(.


Do you guys have any styling tips, or hair-do ideas or ANYTHiNG?? please help me !!! lolHow to style Curly Hair!!?!?!?
its because of your hair cut and length it does this..


get it cut shorter like a little past the shoulders, or even shoulder length and get LOTS of layers, itll make you top layer actually curl like the rest of it.. then when your styling it in the morning, wash it, then comb it (not brush) then put mousse and gel in it -doesnt have to be alot but the mousse will make soft curls and the gel will hold it.. then mess it up and put it up in a towel and leave it up while your doing makeup or whatever else you do.. then after a little take it out and spray it with hairspray (dont need alot) and mess it up with your fingers, scrunch it.. and then let it airdry and your good to go :)How to style Curly Hair!!?!?!?
You should take the top layer of you hair, leave it in curlers over night, and in the morning clip it in the back of your head. Then, if possible straighten the bottom layer. If not, leave it curly, or put them in curlers, too. Also, you can switch. Put the curlers in your bottom layer, and straighten your top layer. Also, you could use curlers all over, a straightener all over, or the same hairstyle with out any curlers or a straightening iron.


Good Luck!





Love,


Olivia.
alright this is kinda weird...


i have the same EXACT thing with my hair!!!


(and my name's Marissa too)


its so weird, it only gets curly past my ears and the under layer has really difficult curls while the upper layer just has normal curls!


what i do is after washing my hair, i braid it into 2 sections and then wait for it to dry. then when i take them out, my hair has really pretty waves rather than tight curls.


i also use this John Frieda relaxing cream for curls (it also reduces frizz)
Your hair probably seems straighter at the root because it's so long, it kind of weighs it down.


It sounds like we have the same hair. To make it look more healthy and less weighed down, I got it cut and thinned out a little. It's a little above my shoulders now and even loner when I straighted it. If you do this, make sure our hair stylist knows how to work with curly hair and can give your a sharp cut. But maybe you aren't comfortable with cutting your hair?


My hair is kind of dry so I use products like Redken Real Control Shampoo and conditioner in the purple bottles. When it's towel dry I comb in the Real Control Crema Care with my fingers and let air dry. It's really easy. Redken also makes a line or products specifically for Curly hair in greenish-blue bottles; that works really well too.





Good luck! Hope this helps.



There is a product called Curl Defining Cream, it is by Matrix. A Biologe product. This will help even out your curl. And make sure you squeeze out all the water, after a shampoo, so that it can absorb. Turn your head upside down and scrunch with a diffuser. Than use a good firm non aerosol hair spray. Hope I helped.
I have curly hair and i've always had trouble keeping it un-frizzie. But I always mouse it while it's still wet and let it air dry. My friend mouses it then blow dries it with a defuser. Either one works well. You would also put it in curlers to make the curls even out.
i too had curly hair. i got it rebonded. lasts fr a yr ( $ 80)





or u can try ironing it
i work in a beauty supply store that sells only to professional hairstylists - and this is one of the biggest questions we get. at least one person a day will ask about the best products for curly hair.





first thing you have to know is that curly hair, by its nature, is drier. this means you need to be sure to use a good shampoo and conditioner that is made for curly hair. just using something with extra moisture won't give your hair the right kind of moisture.





second thing you have to know is that most of the products you can buy at places like walgreens and walmart are not good for your hair. some products contain chemicals that were never meant to be used on hair.





here is what you do: find a salon in your area that carries products by a company called ISO or by a company called KMS. both ISO and KMS have lines of shampoo, conditioner, and styling products that are made to meet the specific needs of curly hair. the ISO line is called Bouncy and the KMS line is called Curl Up. professional products do cost more - but they are really worth the cost. you will get better results because these products address the needs of your hair.





also, find a stylist who will really look at your hair growth pattern and will cut your hair in a way that will play into your growth pattern. you might need to go a bit shorter for awhile to get your hair healthy. the proper hair cut is vital to the overall care and styling of curly hair.
My hair is very similar to yours. :)





1) You really need to stop with the pony tails - you're likely breaking the hair, which will make those shorter hairs frizzy on top.





2) Like many other people have said, you probably need a haircut. It's flat/straight on top because there's too much weight pulling at it. You need layers to make the outer layer curlier like your under layer (I had to do this too - it works!). Finding a good stylist can be tough, and I find women with naturally curly hair seem to understand our hair better.





3) Wash your hair every other day. Curly hair is often dry, which can cause frizz. Use a deep conditioner at least once a week. I use TIGI Catwalk's Headshot Intense Reconstructive Conditioner.





4) Every stylist I've used for the past 3 years has recommended TIGI Catwalk's Curls Rock line (even the hard-core Aveda people!). I start out with a generous dose of the leave-in moisturizer. I then spray the Curl Booster all over, which REALLY helps to even out the curl pattern. I finish with the Curl Amplifier, which defines the curls and keeps them in place. I then blowdry using a diffuser and LOW heat/speed, focusing on the roots to start. I finish with a light coating of hairspray. The Curls Rock line has a nice one. (I didn't think there was anything special about the shampoo and conditioner from that line - I much prefer the Headshot conditioner.)





5) Use the Curl Booster and Amplifier to fix your day-2 hair. :)





6) If it's been awhile since I've had my hair cut and it's starting to get flat on top, I use Catwalk's Root Boost to keep the texture in the top.





7) I live in a dry climate, so I don't deal with humidity (I deal with static!). If you're in a humid climate, you might consider a product with silicone (usually listed as dimethicone) or something else that's anti-humectant. I would start out with the Curls Rock stuff and see if it just does the trick on its own.





We're actually very lucky - most women with straight hair envy us! :) **My routine (washing through drying) takes about 30 minutes,** while women with straight hair could take an hour or more for the same results and damage their hair in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment