Sunday, February 5, 2012

How do you style curly hair?

i just got a loose curled perm, i love it alot. i just am not sure what kind of products i should use with it? also, how do you blow dry it and with what brushes while doing so? how do you style it, scrunch it? thanksHow do you style curly hair?
i always style from wet, this prevents frizz. frizz is our enemy trust me.


i never use a hairbrush, just comb it loosely with my fingers so you don't loose the volume but loose knots!





i get my parting in, absolute first thing (when it's wet) and then go through it, so there's no knots, then i scrunch with john frieda frizz ease 'Dream Curls' mist spray, by spraying it into my hands and rubbing them through then scrunching (avoid roots, that will just make it seem greasy).





spin your hair around your fingers but let it dry naturally! if you are in a big hurry then towel dry a little before starting or hair dry at the end.





when its dry, use mousse to tame it and keep bounce all day


my favourite mousse is Wilkinson's own brand! and trust me i've tried a few in my day. it also smells delicious





when i go out i use hairspray as well because i won't be stopping to re-do it.





good luck!





EDIT: just been reading some other answers, curly hair is lovely. don't always straighten it!How do you style curly hair?
Okay, so I have curly hair. I shower in the morning, and use John Fredia frizz control curly hair products. It keeps your hair curly, but then the humidity doesn't effect it. Use Aussie spruch hairspray. When your hair is wet or damp, spray a good amount on, and then squeez your hair. Re-apply is as it starts to dry out. Use a pick or wide tooth comb when you blowdry your hair. Brush it out right when you get out of the shower and then dont comb it or anything after that or it'll make it frizzy (unless your going to put it up).
Go to www.naturallycurly.com and check out the message boards. You will find a ton of valuable information there.





Some simple tips:





1. Never brush your hair. Comb your hair when wet with conditioner on it. After you rinse do not brush again.





2. Avoid shampoos with harsh detergents. You may want to go to conditioner only cleansing.





3. Air dry or use a diffuser to dry.





4. Avoid products with silicones. Horrible for curly hair.





Good luck.
I don't know anything about hair, so maybe what I say will be bad with a perm. but I brush (large comb, like an afro pick or something) my hair in the shower with conditioner and let it air dry. if I touch my hair at all after I step out of the shower something goes wrong. people compliment my hair all the time and that is all I really do.
use any anti friss product, or curl enhancer. I prefer products that are like a vaseline texture. I would apply the product when your hair is damp (towel dried) and I would just let it dry, blow drying curly hair can make it frizz, even if you use a diffuser and product.
i use john frieda frizz ease hair products, they stop ur hair frizzing and leave my hair in nice curls! i sometimes diffuse my hair, but in a hurry i just let it dry naturally, my hair tends to be longer wen i diffuse it; but this is damaging to ur hair.
i hav really curly heair that poofs as it dries so i usually put it in a messy bun with curls sticking out. it looks really cute like that and it only takes 2 minutes to do. it never gets old :)
Blow Dry Get A Round Brush And Frizz Products


Tip For Blpowdrying If your going to blowdry with the round brush put your hair in the hairbrush and brush through wil blow drying go the same repeated everywere i do it too
ALWAYS straighten yrr bangs.


and thennnn use a headband to top it off


and let the curls like blow off i guess.
Use frizz products. I usually use Garnier Frizz Control products.
Scrunch it with some volumizing mousse..PLEASE don't use a brush while drying or you will pull out the curl...
I thought perms were out
  • cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment